[cisco-voip] UC9 Upgrade - CUWL licensing and hot desk environments

Boon ciscovoipuser at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 07:17:00 EDT 2013

Ok so we've upgraded from 8.6 to 9.1.1-20000-5 and have encountered the
same issue as many others with regards to having CUWL licenses and no Owner
ID's set due to all phones being used as hot desks.

I understand (after a long conversation with TAC at the weekend) that my
CUWL licenses are 'borrowed' and consumed as Enhanced licenses to cover the
hot desk phones but what I cant understand is why 1 x CUWL license is worth
the same a 1 x Enhanced license.

Is this going to be resolved in future versions?

Also, does anyone have any design best practice for deploying CUCM version
9 'hot desk' solutions without having to set the Device Owner ID on phones
which will never have an owner?

I asked TAC for some guidance on this but they didn't have a suggestion on
how it should be deployed going forward with this new licensing model in
place.

Thanks in advance.