[cisco-voip] UC9 Upgrade - CUWL licensing and hot desk environments

Tim Smith tim.smith at enject.com.au
Mon Oct 21 08:12:21 EDT 2013

Hey mate,

The answer is currently..

Log your licensing case.
Explain you use EM and no owner ID's are assigned.
Ask them to escalate to product manager.

They will sort you out with correct licensing (and should not add it to your maintenance bill - i.e. you should still pay for same amount of users)

i.e. they will give you the extra essential licenses to cover the unassigned phones, and still have the same count of CUWL users to cover your normal users and other clients.

I have a feeling this will be changed in the future. But for now they should sort you out as above.

Cheers,

Tim