[cisco-voip] HOWTo: When no agents in Ready state send call to extension instead of queuing

Grace Maximuangu Grace.Maximuangu at BlackBox.com
Mon Oct 28 20:32:37 EDT 2013

Oh but its going to Voicemail anyway, the redirect VM number will never be busy unless VM is down.

:-:gm

Grace Maximuangu
Voice Solutions Engineer
Black Box Network Services
Cell: 213.268.6342
grace.maximuangu at blackbox.com<mailto:grace.maximuangu at blackbox.com>
www.blackbox.com<http://www.blackbox.com/>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CED403.B1F70770]

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Anthony Holloway
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:33 PM
To: Angel Roberto Castaneda
Cc: Cisco VoIP
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] HOWTo: When no agents in Ready state send call to extension instead of queuing

If you omit the Dequeue step, then upon Call Redirect failure (E.g. Busy), the caller doesn't lose their place in queue.  Also, if the Redirect is successful, the system automatically Dequeues them.  The only reason I can think that you would Dequeue prior to Call Redirect, is if you know for sure, that the caller should not be in the queue any longer, regardless of what happens next.