[cisco-voip] BE5K to BE6K upgrade

Russell Chaseling rchaseling at plannet21.ie
Thu Apr 3 15:50:56 EDT 2014

Hi,

About to do one of these upgrades and following Cisco's official guide. Customer is looking for a seamless cutover as they are 24hour. I've got all the phone firmware identical etc . Part of the process is changing the "Prepare Cluster for Rollback to pre 8.0 Required Field" to True and resetting all the phones to clear the ITL file so they will register to the new CUCM. I've got a window to reset all these phones in advance but my question is will the phones reset again when I cut over to the new CUCM ? I'm assuming they will see the new Call Manager and pull down the new ITL file and reset? Or will I have to reset the phones after manually?

IF anyone has done one of these upgrades I'd love to know any gotchas?

Thanks
Russell