[cisco-voip] UCCX 7.0(1)sr5 - partial service

Rasim Duric rduric at uoguelph.ca
Fri Apr 11 08:52:41 EDT 2014

Hello,

The Standby server is in Partial service. We lost connection to our Master
server and all services failed over to the Standby server. All services
were up and running. Once we restored the network connection to the old
Master I restarted the CCX engine on the current server and all services
have returned In Service on Master but the MS SQL Agent on Standby. A red
X displays beside the Microsoft SQL Agent  in UCCX Administration. On the
same server (Standby) I can't access the SQL server in Enterprise Manager,
it reports that the SQL server does not exist or access denied. I tried to
restart the Cisco UCCX Node Manager on the Standby server but the restart
forced the server to reboot. After the reboot, the problem stays the same.

Does anybody know how to resolve the issue? Would a restart of Master
help? Thanks.

Rasim Duric
Network analyst, Network Infrastructure
University of Guelph