[cisco-voip] Cisco 6961

costas georgiou ckos1976 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:00:59 EDT 2014

HI All,

I am having issues trying to register a Ciso 961 IP Phone, it comes up as rejected.  I have entered the phone in CUCM.  The phone is picking up a IP address, the switch configuration is correct.  We have even movedit to a working port. Below is the show CDP output:

Device ID: SEP44ADD9BD1D7D
Entry address(es):
  IP address: 2.x.x.x
Platform: Cisco IP Phone 6961 ,  Capabilities: Host Phone Two-port Mac Relay
Interface: FastEthernet0/14,  Port ID (outgoing port): Port 1
Holdtime : 143 sec
Second Port Status: Down

Version :
SCCP 9.4.1.3

advertisement version: 2
Duplex: full
Power drawn: 6.000 Watts
Power request id: 10524, Power management id: 3
Power request levels are:6000 0 0 0 0
Management address(es):

I have noticed 2nd port status is down, not sure if thi has anything to do with it.  We are having a problem at the momet with 6961 where the time is out by 1 hour and they are all running the sam firmware SCCP 9.4.1.3.  I am a bit stumped now, any ideas?

Regards

Costas