[cisco-voip] Unity Connection Speechview Registration issue

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:33:25 EDT 2014

Looking for ideas on this, not finding that much out on cisco.com or forums
yet other then formatting of HELO may need adjusting.

Have Unity Connection 8.6.2a SU2

SMTP Smarthost is a IIS Virtual SMTP Relay server which relays to Office
365. There is no unified messaging (single inbox) setup, just SMTP relay
and that works for voice messages fine.

We have a MX record set up for the unity server and the test transcription
worked a few times but now fails because speechview is not registered. The
365 side is set up so the speechview account gets changed to
stt-service at etc fine. At first when the response email was coming back
through the
smarthost, the IIS Virtual SMTP Server appeared to truncate the S/MIME
attachment. The stt traces on the CUC side proved that out as they only had
3-4 lines of the attachment versus the 30-40 lines in actual attachment. So
we adjusted the MX records to have the return message go straight to the
unity server and not back through the IIS SMTP Server and that appears to
be fixed the attachment issue but now it is not registering. This is a new
setup, so I don't think it registered before but we are making progress.

Does anyone know details of how the speechview registration process works
or anything to look at, or steps on the 365 side?

Everything that I can find for Speechview so far only talks about Exchange
server setup.

Thanks, Erick