[cisco-voip] UCCX: "Contact is inactive when getting channel"

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 11:30:51 EDT 2014

I second Tanner's comments.  The reason it worked with no Agents in your
testing is because the Contact never left the CTI Port to be transferred to
an Agent.  Once the script connects the caller to the Agent, the CTI Port
is freed up and therefore you cannot interact with the caller from within
the script any longer.  That doesn't mean the script needs to stop
executing, just that you need to stop trying to interact with the caller.
 This is typically done with steps in the Media palate.

UCCX can do post call surveys, but it will require some significant work,
and an understanding of the limitations and requirements.  E.g., Reporting
would be best served outside of UCCX.  Your Agent has to transfer the
caller to the survey.  If the Agent or caller hangs up, that's it, it's all
over.