[cisco-voip] CUSP High CPU utilization

Brian Palmer bpalmer at ctipath.com
Tue Dec 2 10:01:06 EST 2014

Got a customer with a CUSP and both sides seem to be pegging very very
high on the cpu usage.  So high I believe it is interfering with call
processing.  The vendor that put this new cluster did not follow best
practices in general so there are all kinds of things going on like
criss-crossing of media between the two geographically separated sides.
My real problem is that the CUSP module is much harder to diagnose than
say a regular voice gateway due to a lack of commands to figure out what
is pegging the cpu so bad.  Anybody have any good ideas?  I can say the
licensing is woefully inadequate and looks to be based on average CPS
and not peak though I don't think that would have an impact on cpu
usage.

thanks

Brian

--
*The information contained in this electronic transmission and any
attachments hereto may be considered proprietary and confidential.