[cisco-voip] forwarded calls are routed to opening greeting (beginning Connection 8.5(1)ES20)

James Avalos javalos at adobe.com
Tue Dec 2 17:25:39 EST 2014

I think its saying that IF the DN for your VM Pilot or one of your voicemail ports happens to match the DN of an IP phone,  a forward no answer or forward busy to that DN will go to the Opening greeting, instead of the mailbox configured for the user/subscriber who is assigned to that phone. However, I don’t think anyone with a clean dialplan would run into this anyhow.  And with Connections 9, you’re going to want to go SIP trunk over VM ports anyway….