[cisco-voip] Disconnect Cause Code 86

ROZA, Ariel Ariel.ROZA at LA.LOGICALIS.COM
Sun Dec 21 19:39:23 EST 2014

Guys,

I am making a statistical analysis of Call Detail Records for a Customer, and I am getting some unusual results.
Ranking the calls by origCause_code (or destCause_code) I am seeing the Disconnect Cause code 86 as the third most frequent termination cause (17985 calls), behind Normal Call Clearing (97221) and No Error (51801), and the next reason is Split Call (15766)

According to Cisco´s docs, the code corresponds to:

86 Call having the requested call identity has been cleared

And the closest explanation I got for this is:

Cause No. 86 - call having the requested call identity has been cleared [Q.850]
This cause indicates that the network has received a call resume request containing a Call identity information element indicating a suspended call that has in the meantime been cleared while suspended (either by network time-out or by the remote user).
(from http://cnes.com/causecodes.html)

But none of the CDR examples listed in Cisco´s documentation show a clear scenario for this type of code.

Does anyone know what situation can result in such a record?

Regards,

Ariel.

Ariel Roza
Field Engineer  / Argentina
Logicalis
Tel: +54 11 5282 - 0458
ariel.roza at la.logicalis.com<mailto:ariel.roza at la.logicalis.com>
Peru 327 - CABA - Argentina - C1067AAG
www.la.logicalis.com<http://www.la.logicalis.com/>
Business and technology working as one

Síguenos en: [Description: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: tw] <http://twitter.com/LogicalisLatam>  [Description: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: fb] <http://es-es.facebook.com/pages/Logicalis-Latam/234648439078>  [Description: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: Descripción: yt] <http://www.youtube.com/logicalislatam>  [cid:image008.jpg at 01D01D67.4DE2F1A0] <http://www.slideshare.net/logicalis>  [Description: Descripción: cid:image005.jpg at 01CCDC0C.A5297E60] <http://www.cxounplugged.com/>