[cisco-voip] UCCX upgrade

Ryan LaFountain (rlafount) rlafount at cisco.com
Wed Feb 12 16:59:35 EST 2014

Hi Louis,

If you ordered a 5.x to 9.x upgrade kit then the license that will be produced by that sales order will be for an upgrade 9.x license. This license is different than a 9.x fresh install license and will require the previous licenses to be present on the 9.x system (as the result of a 7.x to 9.x upgrade/restore) when the 9.x upgrade license is applied.

Personally, I would try to work as much of this out beforehand as possible. I would use the Answer File Generator and plug in all of your 9.x values and get the License Mac.

http://www.cisco.com/web/cuc_afg/index.html

I would then contact Cisco Licensing with the SO or PAK from the 5.x to 9.x order and the License Mac and explain to them the situation, that you don’t want to risk upgrading from 5.x to 7.x to 9.x and see if they’ll cut you a 9.x new install license against the generated license mac. Don’t worry too much about the accuracy of the parameters that you put into the Answer File Generator (and therefore the license mac) as you can always rehost the resulting license to a different license mac when that license mac is generated by the actual 9.x install.

This way, you’ll have your fresh install license in hand before you start building and migrating your UCCX.

Just to make sure, this approach won’t allow you to migrate any historical or configuration data (with the exception of uploaded scripts/prompts/documents you’ll manually migrate) and the 9.x will need to be connected to a supported CUCM version. If you’re upgrading CUCM as opposed to creating a new one as well, some, if not all, the configuration in the CUCM won't not be picked up by the 9.x UCCX so I would probably delete that configuration (CTI devices, App Users etc.) and create them anew. You probably know all of this already but just wanted to pass it along.

HTH.

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center
Cisco Services
Direct: +1 919 392 9898
Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time