[cisco-voip] Srst issue

Paul E Roche roche at chapman.com
Fri Jan 17 12:44:35 EST 2014

If the phones are in a remote office that you don't have physical access to, and if it's just a few of them, you can find out which ones they are via 'show ephone registered' on the SRST gateway. Then you can find the same devices on your switch with 'show cdp neighbor'.
Then a 'no power inline' on those switch ports followed by 'power inline' on the same switch ports will power cycle the phones remotely for you. (assuming you are using PoE with the phones in question)  I've had to do that a few times after a WAN went down/up on a weekend and they always re-register to the correct Communications Manager after reboot.