[cisco-voip] Emergency Communication

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:34:46 EDT 2014

Hi Lisa,

Your email reads like you are asking about options to alert your Public
Safety Answering Point (PSAP), or 911.

If this is the case, then the very first thing you should do it consult
with them, to see what your options are.  I would guess that intentionally
establishing a one way audio path to them would be shot down immediately.
 Could it be done?  Yes, I think a clever use of Trusted Relay Points and
layer 3 access lists to block the return RTP streams for these specific
flows would do it.  The one button feature would be a speed dial.

If you meant on-site security personnel and not your PSAP, then I guess the
sky is the limit.

CUC is the only product that I can think of that has SMS abilities, but
then again, it doesn't send the text itself, it relies on an SMS gateway or
SMTP relay service.  Actually, now that I say SMTP relay, UCCX can do that
as well.  The UCCX option would be easy to handle a one button (either
speed dial or phone service) to kick off the work flow.

If you wanted to go third party, then take a look at SingleWire
Informacast, which has a whole host of alerting options, it will make your
head spin.

http://www.singlewire.com/informacast.html

The software and basic license is included with purchase of CUCM 10.  And
you can upgrade to the advanced license with a trial period.  I saw a demo
of their products once and it was very impressive to me, though I've not
actually deployed their alerting system yet.  So, I cannot speak to it in
any detail.

I hope that was helpful.