[cisco-voip] Alphanumeric EditDial on 7942 Corporate Directory

Angel Roberto Castaneda hello at angelcastaneda.com
Fri Jul 25 12:21:41 EDT 2014

Good day all,

I'm hoping someone might point me the right way on the issue below.

I have a 7942 SCCP phone running firmware 9-3-1SR4-1S. When I go look at
the Corporate Directory, and select the EditDial softkey, I'm dropped into
alphanumeric mode (which makes it hard to add a 9 at the beginning of the
string, as you have to press the key five times to go through W X Y Z and
then 9). There is no softkey to switch to touchpad mode.

The issue does not occur when editing the number on missed or placed calls,
which makes me think it might be caused by the XML of the corporate
directory. I'm using whatever comes out of the box on CUCM (9.1.2.12900-11).

Has anyone else seen this before?

Thank you,

*Angel Roberto Castaneda*