[cisco-voip] Unity Connection transferring calls to CUCM

Jeffrey Girard jeffrey.girard at girardinc.com
Fri Mar 7 11:52:12 EST 2014

I have posted this same request for assistance in the Cisco IP Telephony Support Forum.  So far, not hits

CUCM 9 and CUC 9.  4 IP Phones registered and all have mailboxes.  I have a System Call Handler configured to answer calls coming from a CTI Route Point.

I have been playing with a scenario trying to learn all the capabilities of the various call handlers.

Im currently trying to allow the caller to transfer to a phone number that is registered in CUCM - but does NOT have a mailbox.

My CUC Configuration
     Call Handler Basics
          Callers Hear -> My Personal Recording
          During Greeting -> Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associate with Users or Call Handlers
          After Greeting -> Conversation -> Caller System Transfer

     System Settings -> Restriction Tables
          Default Transfer
               I added a new entry and specifically entered the DN that I was trying to transfer to (123)
               I unchecked the "blocked" for all entries

     Call Management -> Call Routing -> Forwarded Routing Rules
               Attempt Forward Routing Rule -> Send Call to -> Conversation -> Attempt Forward

>From an IP Phone, I dial the CTI RP and get forwarded to the main / opening call handler.  I traverse a couple of menu tree levels to get to my call handler where I am attempting to transfer back to CUCM.  I hear my recorded personal greeting instructing me to enter my number.  Whether I wait for the recording to end or whether I enter the digits during the greeting, the results are the same.  The result is that nothing happens.  No recorded message telling me that I cant be transferred to that number - nothing at all.  The call just terminates.

I started up Connection Remote Port Status monitor and I can watch the sequence of the call.  When I enter the digits of the target phone (123), I see in the Remote Port Status Monitor that it sees and receives the DTMF digits, but then nothing happens.

I next tested by adding a test user in CUC with the same DN of 123.  As soon as I did that, I repeated the attempted call and when I dialed "123", I get the recorded message "Wait while I transfer that call" and then the call completes successfully.

This is my home lab so I can make any changes that you suggest with no user implications.

Jeff

Dr. Jeffrey T. Girard (Jeff), PhD
Colonel, United States Army (Retired)
Senior Network Engineer / VoIP Engineer - WireMeHappy.com
reply to: jeffrey.girard at wiremehappy.com<mailto:jeffrey.girard at wiremehappy.com>
(607)835-0406 (home office)
(845)764-1661 (mobile)
(607)835-0458 (fax)