[cisco-voip] UCCX GUI and CLI license count differ

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Sun May 4 08:22:30 EDT 2014

We ran into a similar problem. We saw a 'warning' in the onscreen log file when we went 'upgraded' from v7 to v9 using the PUT backup file and new license file. It said something like "the number of seats don't match the new licence". But didn't have time to investigate until a couple of days before the cutover.

The re-hosted licence looked fine. It had everything we thought it needed. The licence team said so as well. So when we called TAC back, they told us to delete the old licence files. (After some math, we saw that it was adding up the original old lic numbers with the new v9 file). After deleting them, the system broke. Turned out, the licence file did not include everything and needed to be cut again as a new(?) install. Reinstalled the new file and were good to go.

Strange enough. After fixing it, it triggered two bugs we didn't see before. The first was the chat subsystem not coming up. Which needed to have the notification subsystem restarted first, the chat subsystem. And the other was the web services subsystem not coming up. That requires a patch file to be copied by TAC. We decided to hold off on that.

Bottom line, I think you need TAC.

Sent from my iPhone