[cisco-voip] External Phone Number Mask Question

Adam Piasecki apiasecki at midatlanticbb.com
Thu May 29 16:21:21 EDT 2014

I have two trunks, the caller ID on each trunk needs to be different. All
phones will have the same caller ID depending on the trunk they choose. This
is easily enough done in the route patterns.

Now I have a case where one phone has a DID and needs it's caller ID to be
different then all the other. So I set the External Phone mask in the phone.
but the route patterns are overwriting it. It will have the same caller ID
for both trunks.

I thought checking the box "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask"
in the route pattern would use the phones external phone mask as a
precedence first, and then if the phone didn't have a external phone number
mask it would default to what is set in the route pattern. If CUCM doesn't
have this feature, is there any reason why it couldn't?

The only solution I have found is to create separate partitions, calling
search spaces, and route patterns for just this one phone.

I can't put the external phone number mask in all the phones because of the
1st requirement of different caller IDs for each trunk.

Thanks,

Adam