[cisco-voip] External Phone Number Mask Question

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:08:39 EDT 2014

You could use outbound calling party transformations on the trunks. You can
be specific about which calling parties transform to what numbers as well
as supplying a default for the trunk.

Think of these transformations as being more powerful, because they are
conditionally transforming numbers as opposed to transforming all numbers
blindly.

E.g., The implicit transformation of a RP/RL/RG will transform any and all
numbers. Using an explicit calling party transformation pattern allows you
to say: "if the calling number is 2001 then transform it to 8888; otherwise
transform it to 7777" by way of using patterns to match numbers for which
you wish to apply your transformations.

Hopefully you're on a CUCM version which supports Xforms.