[cisco-voip] CUBE to VXML the prompt starts playing before call is setup

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Sun Nov 9 16:32:53 EST 2014

I found out that that the audio was heard fine dialing a DID (eg 904-491-4444) but if you dialed the Toll Free number 800-553-2447 that is mapped to 904-491-4444 only then was the first prompt was being cutoff.  Sort of lead me to believe the carrier/pstn was the culprit.

I’ve seen this problem with Auto Attendants in Unity and Scripts in UCCX.  I recommend two seconds silent pause myself.

My rule of thumb is that first word chopoff is worse on international calls. Always seems that you get the first 1-2 seconds chopped off an international call.