[cisco-voip] 8941 SCCP 9.2.3.5 on 8.6 - One suddenly going Phone Not Registered

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 09:12:49 EST 2014

I would definitely rule out a physical or switch issue first. Might be
something as simple as a loose RJ45 connector causing the phone to drop and
when she reinserts it, it makes contact again.

I believe you can look for "Last=" in the phone status logs or in CUCM
syslog for that device and see a reason code which may help. If that is the
only phone that is exhibiting this behavior, it seems like investigating
local to the phone might be the best approach initially.

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Terry Oakley <Terry.Oakley at rdc.ab.ca>
wrote:

> What model of phone set?   We have had some 7941’s with faulty hookswitch
> mechanisms that have disconnected the call midstream.   The spring in the
> mechanism allows the hookswitch to be mimic being pressed/fall down.
> This of course does not account for the Phone not Registered status.  We
> have also found that patch cords can make a difference in the reliability
> of the network connection which causes for us the unregistered status.
>

> Terry

Ed Leatherman