[cisco-voip] Cisco Jabber for Windows/MAC in Phone Only Mode

David Schulz dschulz at skyline-ats.com
Thu Oct 23 09:36:04 EDT 2014

Hi -

Cisco originally had Phone Only mode (registering to CUCM version 8.x and above) the version 9. of Jabber (Windows only). I worked great and by only requiring the configuration of the TFTP, CCMCIP and CTI services. In the 10.x version of the Cisco Jabber… they decided to use an SRV record (_cisco-uds) for this. And, they have nicely decided to remove the manual method. There are a couple documents on what is in the SRV record, but no real directions on exactly what is required, or any configuration examples that I can find. I am using 2003 Server to build the SRV in my lab, which looks the way it should be. However, I don’t appears to work. Does anyone have Jabber 10.5) working in Phone Only mode?  Is there a configuration that you can share?  Any help would be appreciated.

Dave