[cisco-voip] Door Opener Ring Delay

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Thu Sep 18 09:07:58 EDT 2014

If you’re still wondering where the problem might reside, I would run a debug MGCP packet or debug h225 event (asn1 is too verbose for this purpose) depending on the protocol in use. For MGCP, you should see a Notify (NTFY) where the Observe event is O: L/hd – which means it detected an off-hook event (/hd). For H225, you should see a h225 SETUP message transmitted from the router. If any of those events are delayed, the issue is resides at or behind the router. Further, back to the VPM signal debugs you mentioned -if you don’t see the onhook_offhook (on hook to off hook) event until seconds later, we can safely say the issue is not the router and the problem resides at the Valcom device.

Looking at the Valcom 2901A manual shows there’s a few delay timers that can be tweaked.
http://www.valcom.com/pdf/v-2901a.pdf

“When indication arrives that a door is open while door station is inactive, such as a break-in, the system waits the programmed period of time (entry delay time) for a confirmation of entry indicating the opening as legitimate”

Not sure if this have been investigated but it might prove to be helpful. Pg 9 mentions the process for adjusting the entry delay time.

Hope this helps.

- Daniel