[cisco-voip] Received Call Logs for CCX Agents showing CTI Port

Tanner Ezell tanner.ezell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:49:29 EDT 2014

Anthony, you are correct. The CLID is an IPPA push to the agent handset
(which I might add could easily include an 'Answer' soft key..).

Regarding modifying the calling number. As Anthony mentions, this is
certainly possible as CER and other JTAPI based applications perform this
function. In fact, the UCCX does it as well as part of the Call Redirect
Step, though it modifies the original called number instead of the calling
number.

So the question, why does CER do this but UCCX doesn't?

With CER, the call is answered by CER and routed through a CTI Route Point
the PSAP.

With UCCX, the CTI Port initiates a controlled transfer (or consult
transfer) to the agent extension by the CTI Port. This is necessary to
ensure you don't deliver a call to an agent that doesn't answer within the
timer window.

The answer is in the difference, a CTI Route Point is required to modify
route information through the Cisco JTAPI RouteSession enhancement of the
selectRoute method. The selectRoute method from at least version 8 of CUCM
and possibly earlier has had the ability to modify the calling number, this
is certainly nothing new.

This explains how, but not why. The why is simple in my opinion, this would
require a dramatic change to the configuration and architecting (both JTAPI
wise and deployment wise) of the solution, as well as put additional load
on the CTI Manager service.

All that being said, I don't believe there is a reason this feature
couldn't make it in to the UCCX product from a technical perspective but I
wouldn't expect to see this feature implemented soon.