[cisco-voip] masking internal caller ID?

Countryman, Edward Edward.Countryman at PresenceHealth.org
Tue Sep 30 17:08:37 EDT 2014

We need to "hide" or change the extension number of a small group of cisco phones when they are dialing internally (4 digits) to another phone.

Our thought was to use a calling party transformation pattern for this, which appears to work fine when alerting and connected to the called number.

However, the call history directory on the receiving phone (the one that see's the transformed calling number not the real calling number) reflects the real number.

This doesn't seem to make sense and defeats the whole purpose. what are we missing??

Do you know of a better way to approach this request?