[cisco-voip] 3rd party conference phones

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 11:09:09 EDT 2015

Circling around on this thread,

So we're trying out revolabs FLX2.

They are pretty easy to use and have some nice features. The unit reminds
you to put everything back on the charging station after a call is over,
which is an interesting touch.

Main concern for me right now is that you cannot invoke an ad hoc
conference that uses a cm controlled conference bridge (that I can tell)
from the unit. The conference function can merely join the two line
appearances that the unit has.

We're still going to try it out in one of our rooms where the executive
absolutely had to have "wireless" but I don't see widely deploying it
elsewhere; people use the ad hoc bridges an aweful lot.

Ed

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Nick Thompson <nick at imperial.org> wrote:

>  Revolabs FLX2 - http://www.revolabs.com/flx2
>
>  Revolabs is the OEM for the 8831 conference phone as well.
>

>  On Apr 9, 2015, at 7:41 AM, Ed Leatherman <ealeatherman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Hello
>
>  I've had a few requests for "Wireless" conference phones lately for some
> medium sized rooms. In these cases the executive wants to get any cables
> etc off the table, so a wired base station w/ cordless module for the table
> fits the bill as much as a WiFi device would. And because "Wireless"!
>
>  I'm curious what other people might be using, I see that polycom has the
> SoundStation2W that uses a POTS line. I've also had some folks using a
> Jabra Speak510 paired with some of the bluetooth capable Cisco Phones, but
> this only works well in small rooms.
>
>  Thanks!
>

>  --
> Ed Leatherman