[cisco-voip] 3905 dial tone problem

Wes Sisk (wsisk) wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Aug 25 14:34:39 EDT 2015

phones download the tone files as part of the locale. could be a bad file served up from the CME router. Could be the file was downloaded and corrupted in phone storage.

suggest changing locale, reset phone, try again, then reset locale back.

alternatively, hard reset phone.
alternatively register the phone to a “known good” CM and CME and let it re-download files.

-Wes