[cisco-voip] Rightfax transmission errors

Frank Arrasmith frank.arrasmith at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 19:28:59 EST 2015

Hi All,
   We have recently transitioned to Rigthfax SR-140 Virtual server from
physical board server and we are having trouble when receiving faxes from
what appear to only be other fax servers.  We see consistent failures from
the fax server sending side, but when having the the sender try from a real
fax machine, the fax goes through no problem. Packet captures do not
indicate any failure to switchover to t.38, but we will see an RTN message
but the call still completes. The RF will still mark the fax as
transmission error. sometimes the Fax image shows black , but mostly will
be acceptable. Our VoIP network is very stable and we run several internal
faxes(on VG224s/vg350's) to and from the rightfax server with no issues.
setup is as following. i can post more config is someone is able to help
out. I have a case open with Cisco TAC, but they are taking their time to
respond.

External:
TDMPRI-->c3925 - IOS 15.2.4(M6) --SIP t.38 w/redundancy--> CUCM V9--SIP
Trunk --> RF 10.5 t.38only(per RF vendor recommendation), v.34 disabled, MH
compression.

Internal:
Fax machine--> vg224/vg350--> MGCP T.38 with redundancy--> CUCMV9IP Trunk
--> RF 10.5 t.38only(per RF vendor recommendation), v.34 disabled, MH
compression.

Thanks for any help in advance.

-Frank