[cisco-voip] Rightfax transmission errors

Sreekanth Narayanan (sreenara) sreenara at cisco.com
Tue Dec 15 02:09:49 EST 2015

Hi Frank,

Based on the working faxes between the VG224s and the RF, we can say that the network is stable. And you don’t seem to have seen the RTN with this flow.
We can also say that both devices in this call flow work fine.

Now when you make calls from the VG224s to the PSTN, the fax machines behind the VG report successful faxes.

The questions that you need to answer to move forward on this:

1.       Are you trying the same PSTN destination number from both RF and the VG224s?

2.       What’s the difference in the network topology between the VG224 – PSTN call and RF – PSTN call?

3.       Have you taken logs or packet captures for the successful call from the VG224 to the PSTN, and checked if there is an RTN message in that one as well, but the machine reports the call as successful when the call continues and ends? Maybe it’s the difference in the way that fax machine handles the RTN and the RF handles the RTN?

4.       PCM captures from the PRI gateway for the RF and the VG224 calls would also be helpful.

Thanks