[cisco-voip] 7942 strange answering issue

Terry Oakley Terry.Oakley at rdc.ab.ca
Fri Jan 30 13:03:27 EST 2015

We have 7941’s that have displayed that same issue.   Can the user answer the incoming call via speakerphone?   That would remove any hookswitch connectivity issue.  I believe the 7942’s fixed the very questionable hookswitch issue of the 7941’s but still would remove one of the possible situations that may cause the experience your users are getting.   Although on reading your explanation again it is like the lifting the handset is initiating a  new call not an answer.   Interesting situation.

Terry

Red Deer College
Red Deer, Alberta