[cisco-voip] Hunt Group Issues

Nick csvoip at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 7 08:19:02 EDT 2015

I have an issue with a solution for a customer in that they have a
requirement to have hunt groups setup as follows

   1. LG1 is for telesales
   2. LG2 is for telesales + depot manager + others

Calls are initially presented to LG1 and if not answered within 12 seconds
then the call goes to LG2 as an escalation to aim to get answered.

The issue we have experienced is that if someone then becomes available in
LG1 the initial call can be superceded by a more recent incoming call.

We raised a TAC case but the response has been that having set the scenario
in the lab then this is actually working as designed.

Native Call queueing is not an option for this customer as these are SRST
remote sites with local MOH files, so really looking for a solution that
involves CUCM only, contact centre or other 3rd party integrations are not
an option either.

Handsets are two button 7821's.

Customer wants telesales to have visibility of the overflowed calls as
escalation group is not always in the same immediate area.

Has anyone come across this sort of scenario before and come up with a
solution?

Kind Regards

Nick