[cisco-voip] New 8851 Phones

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Jul 9 11:51:03 EDT 2015

Check out David Scott’s Cisco Live session on phone best practices.  He had an entire section on some non-default settings that dramatically enhance the user experience.
https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=83758&tclass=popup

The video includes a demo but it’s also in the slides around slide 58.

Long story short, enable these settings on your 88xx and 99XX (see the session for why).
Actionable Incoming Call Alert
Show All Calls on Primary Line
Revert to All Calls
Always Use Prime Line
Intelligent Proximity for Bluetooth. (88XX only)

Most users will be dramatically happier and find the phones much easier to use with those settings enabled.

-Ryan