[cisco-voip] Strange 10.x licensing issue

Rajkumar Yadav rajkumaryadav at y7mail.com
Sat Jul 25 12:37:39 EDT 2015

Hi Ryan,

If one TP end point is configured in CUCM it does change the license geometry.
The TP room license covers both the TP device and phone that is registered to CUCM, only if the owner user id is same for both.
If owner user id differ, then two separate license are required one for TP device which would TP room license and for phone it would be UCL enhanced.

Refer the below link for more detail.
Features and Services Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 10.0(1) - Licensing [Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 10.0]

|   |
| Features and Services Guide for Cisco Unified Communicat...Features and Services Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 10.0(1) -Licensing |
|  |
| View on www.cisco.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

TelePresence Room License
Multi-purpose and immersive TelePresence devices are licensed under a separate device license type that is called the TelePresence Room license. The TelePresence Room license covers both the TelePresence device and phone that is registered to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, only if the same userid is entered as the OwnerUserID field for the TelePresence device and the phone. If the same userid is not entered as OwnerUserID for both the TelePresense device and the phone, then the devices are not associated and two licenses are required: one TelePresence Room license for the device and one Enhanced UCL for the phone. The TelePresence touch device does not register to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager, and therefore does not require a separate license or the OwnerUserID association.

Regards,Raaj.