[cisco-voip] CSF Device name and format - Discrepancy between older docs, online help and reality - CUCM 10.5.2

Brian V bvanbens at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 17:22:53 EDT 2015

Anthony, Thanks for the info.  I opened a TAC case on this as I found it
pretty frustrating.  Cisco has a blanket recommendation to use
CSF<USERNAME> and I think that's causing confusion and frustration with
customers.

The Jabber group opened documentation defect CSCuu68160 for that groups
Jabber 10.6 deployment documentation that they own.
I got transferred over to the CUCM group for their part to fix the online
help.  I'll post the defect when I get it.

My jabber engineer also looked up the device naming for the CTI remote
device type.  I've included a summary  below for all the device types

admin:run sql select name, tkmodel, devicenameformat from typeproduct where
name like '%CTI Remote Device%'

  Device Name

tkmodel

DeviceNameFormat

Notes

Cisco Unified Client Services Framework

503

[a-zA-Z0-9]{1,15}

Upper/Lower case letters, numbers Total length =15, no requirement to start
with "CSF"

Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone [TCT]

562

TCT[0-9A-Z._-]{1,12}

Begins with TCT plus 12 characters. (UPPER case letters only), numbers,
dot, underscore and dash

Cisco Jabber for Tablet [TAB]

652

TAB[0-9A-Z._-]{1,12}

Begins with TAB plus 12 characters. (UPPER case letters only), numbers,
dot, underscore and dash

Cisco Dual Mode for Android [BOT]

575

BOT[0-9A-Z._-]{1,12}

Begins with BOT plus 12 characters. (UPPER case letters only), numbers,
dot, underscore and dash

CTI Remote Device

635

[0-9a-zA-Z._-]{1,15}

Upper/Lower case letters, numbers Total length =15, no requirement to start
with any particular string