[cisco-voip] CSF Device name and format - Discrepancy between older docs, online help and reality - CUCM 10.5.2

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Sun Jun 7 13:05:50 EDT 2015

CSF<USERNAME> was a similar to  CSF<sAMAcountName>

I think it would be nice if this could be changed to something closer to a UPN (UserPrincipalName) or a contact object id like Jason.aarons at sub.domain.com<mailto:Jason.aarons at sub.domain.com> or +14045551212 at sub.domain.com<mailto:+14045551212 at sub.domain.com> for a lobby phone, however this would create some headaches in backwards compatability.

I agree the char limitations makes you have to get creative for user ids.