[cisco-voip] DNIS Question

norm.nicholson at kitchener.ca norm.nicholson at kitchener.ca
Fri Mar 6 09:07:29 EST 2015

I have a user request for the following:

We are having an issue with a nuisance caller calling dispatch 20-30 times a day for the past month.  Can we set up the phone system to only allow the following number to call once a day on our XXXX  and XXXX extension numbers ?

519 XXX XXXX

After the one call is used for that day, the following call goes to this message:
"If this is an emergency, please hang up and call 911 (hang up)"

The question is it possible to accept one call a day then route them to a message or is it all or nothing ?

Thanks

Norm Nicholson
Telecom Analyst
City of Kitchener