[cisco-voip] Hardware for UC

Brian Palmer bpalmer at ctipath.com
Mon Mar 30 11:57:40 EDT 2015

I can tell you it is a lot easier to get through A2Q when you aren’t dealing with network attached storage.  The costs will be higher for a ucs C series chassis because it is an all in one server unlike the blades.  I prefer UCS-C series typically because I don’t have to depend on a network team that might or might not know what they are doing.  On the other hand if you already have a SAN setup and running the old environment it could be more cost effective to upgrade that than put in a  new C series setup.  In the B environments I have worked with I usually have a lot more communication going on between the various teams that support it as in many cases the network storage is used for all kinds of things within an environment.

This can go either way ultimately it is about requirements.

Thank you,
Brian