[cisco-voip] Nuance And Their Lack of Enterprise Security

Jon Shay tucsonwireless at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 18:38:11 EST 2015

Sorry for the late reply.

The requirements were stated in writing and an SOW was created out of that
but the requirements were missing (and we missed it wasn't in there at
signing). The security scan is what reminded us to put on the defect
tracker. However, had it been in there they would had shot it down because
they are refusing to adhere to modern day security practices. Their words
not mine. I'd cut and paste what they stated word for word and include the
person's name and e-mail but I think that would be going too far.

We were already contracted with their services before this project to move
to UCCE so we really didn't have a choice but use them regardless of their
stance on security. Once the contract expires we'll be looking at whether
speech enablement and and their our services are truly needed going forward.

I'll start a new thread but I'm wonder what everyone's take is on speech
enabling their IVR and if the juice is worth the squeeze.