[cisco-voip] Outbound IVR-UCCX and CUBE

Nick Britt nickolasjbritt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:00:12 EDT 2015

Didn't try VAD maybe should have though! Resolution below, in short we
changed the trans-coder to universal (not sure this helped the issue)
forced TCP in both the SIP gateway within UCCX and on the incoming
dial-peers then also removed RTP-NTE DTMF on the dial-peers.

Here is a summary:

*Problem description: *

·         CPA calls from UCCX oubound dialer not working over SIP trunk to
CUBE.

*Case closure Summary:*

·         We started with debugging the CUBE.

·         According to the flow between CCX and GW:

INVITE from CCX to GW -->

100 Trying <--

180 Ring<--

200 OK<--

·          We are not receiving ACK from CCX to proceed with the call
further, after which we should establish media CPA and send an update to
CCX.

·         Collected MIVR logs and found that UCCX is not accepting the
incoming SIP signaling from VGW on its Sip stack.

·         Confirmed SIP packet relay using packet captures.

·         UCCX server was rebooted more than one time but issue remained
the same.

·         We finally changed the protocol from UDP to TCP between the UCCX
and cube. This helped in the SIP signaling to complete.

·         We also upgraded the IOS to 15.5 proactively.

·         Did some research and found an enhancement Caveat
https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCui62525/?

·         As per the Caveat *Call Progress Analysis (CPA) will fail to run
and detect live voice or SIT tones during a Unified Contact Center Express
(UCCX) IVR-based Outbound Dialer Call.*

·         Now since we were doing DTMF internetworking (RTP-NTE to raw
inband) the DSPs were ingoring the CPA config and not detecting the audio.

·         We removed the DTMF internetworking and allowed raw inband DTMF
type on the Service provider leg. To do this we removed the “dtmf-relay
rtp-nte” under the dial peer 60 which was the dial peer to provider.

·         We also rolled back the IOS version to 15.4.3 as it was and
confirmed calls success.

·         For your reference I have posted the useful CPA links below.

*CPA config :*

https://tools.cisco.com/squish/6fFE9

*CPA call flow overview:*

https://tools.cisco.com/squish/3CEe0