[cisco-voip] CUBE - Dial-peer multiple destination-pattern matching

Boon ciscovoipuser at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 05:42:30 EDT 2015

I have a client who is planning on splitting their single CUCM cluster with
CUBE and PSTN SIP into two separate clusters.

The challenge is that they want to share the CUBE solution and DID range
between both clusters.

I can see an opportunity here to use the IOS dial-peer feature 'Multiple
Destination Pattern' matching using a file hosted in the router flash.

Although the configuration looks pretty straight forward I wanted to find
out if any of you guys had deployed this feature and whether there are any
gotchas to be aware of? I'm aware of the minimum IOS version requirement.
I'm wondering whether file maintenance can become an issue.

Also, has anyone used this with a CUBE HA solution?

Any help appreciated. Thanks