[cisco-voip] Help on script UCCX

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:51:22 EDT 2015

Hi Sean,

What exactly is not working?  Is it doing anything correctly?

Is this number, 94433534462, outside your organization?  The leading 9
would lead me to think that it is.  Because, before you can troubleshoot
the script, you will have to validate your dial plan design, to see if the
CTI port can even make the outbound call.  This will be a combination of
your PT/CSS/LRG/REG/etc. configuration in CUCM.

Also, in order for UCCX to try and ring one number first, and then pull the
call back and ring another, you both: A) cannot have the first call out to
the other number actually answer, B) Need to use the Call Consult Transfer
step to set a time limit on how long it will ring before you consider it
"not answered" so you can send it to VM 8039.  This can be tricky, but is
doable.

I opened your script and there is a lot of fluff in there for just the few
simple items you asked for.  If you're not married to this script, you
could probably create a new one from scratch with less hassle and a better
understanding of what's going on.

Try this frame work out (you don't need to create any variables for this to
work):

*NOTE: Two quick things: 1) I use End steps in the transfers that fail so
the lady will say "I'm sorry, we are currently experiencing system
problems..." for me, 2) The steps which end in colons (:) are labels.

Start
/* Answer the call */
Accept (--Triggering Contact--)
/* Play the greeting */
Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[greeting.wav])
/* Check day of week and time of day */
Day of Week
  Weekdays (Mon - Fri)
    Time of Day
      Open Hours (9:00am to 5:00pm)
        Goto SelectResource
      Call Coverage Period (5:00pm to 7:00pm)
        Goto CallCoverage
      The Rest
        Goto TakeAMessage
  Weekends (Say & Sun)
    Goto CallForward
SelectResource:
/* Go to Queue */
Select Resource (--Triggering Contact-- from "BandP_CSQ")
  Connected
    /* Successfully transferred to Agent, End Script */
    End
  Queued
    /* No Agents currently available, play music */
    Call Hold (--Triggering Contact--)
    Delay 30 sec
    Call Unhold (--Triggering Contact--)
    /* Caller has queued for 30 seconds, forward to 94433534462 */
    Goto CallCoverage
CallCoverage:
/* Tweak the timeout value on this step, and leave the output digits blank
*/
Call Consult Transfer (--Triggering Contact-- to "94433534462")
  Successful
    /* The call connected within the time limit, end the script */
    Set Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, handled)
    End
  Busy
    End
  Invalid
    End
  Timeout
    /* The timer expired, send to voicemail */
    Goto TakeAMessage
  Unsuccessful
    End
TakeAMessage:
/* Change 2500 to your VM pilot, and set the Called Address to "8039" */
Call Redirect (--Triggering Contact-- to "2500")
  Successful
    Set Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, handled)
    End
  Busy
    End
  Invalid