[cisco-voip] CUCM Announcement Files Location

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 22:08:15 EDT 2016

I don't like the look of that FIPS in your output.  He bad.

Let's see if I can download these files...

My CUCM versions for your comparison

admin:show version active
Active Master Version: 11.0.1.20000-2

Here's a neat trick for you all.  When I connect to most systems, it's over
a VPN, because I work as a partner helping many different clients.  So,
rarely do I know what my IP Address looks like to the far end system.
Sure, I could open CMD and use ipconfig, but then I have to open another
app window, and why?  I already have this SSH session open.  So, I use this
command to have it show me where it thinks I am, and then I use that IP
Address later to transfer files to myself, such as port 389 LDAP BIND
packet captures and Announcement files.

admin:show open ports regexp "osadmin.*:22"

Executing.. please wait.
sshd      31774    osadmin    3u  IPv4 44112942      0t0  TCP 10.1.70.210:22
->172.16.254.2:49193 (ESTABLISHED)

So, now that I know am at 172.16.254.2....let's have a look at the
directory one more time

admin:file list tftp CustomAnn/english_united_states
Custom_05001.alaw.wav                   Custom_05001.g729.wav
Custom_05001.ulaw.wav                   Custom_05001.wb.wav
Custom_05001.xml
dir count = 0, file count = 5

Let's try to grab just the Wideband file

admin:file get tftp CustomAnn/english_united_states/Custom_05001.wb.wav
Please wait while the system is gathering files info ...done.
Sub-directories were not traversed.
Number of files affected: 1
Total size in Bytes: 86128
Total size in Kbytes: 84.109375
Would you like to proceed [y/n]? y
SFTP server IP: 172.16.254.2
SFTP server port [22]:
User ID: cisco
Password: *****
Download directory: /

.
Transfer completed.

That seemed to work, let's try a wildcard and grab all the files in here

admin:file get tftp CustomAnn/english_united_states/Custom_05001*
Please wait while the system is gathering files info ...done.
Sub-directories were not traversed.
Number of files affected: 5
Total size in Bytes: 132785
Total size in Kbytes: 129.67285
Would you like to proceed [y/n]? y
SFTP server IP: 172.16.254.2
SFTP server port [22]:
User ID: cisco
Password: *****
Download directory: /

Transfer completed.

So, it seems to work for me on my version.  I can even play the audio files
back, and they are in fact my custom announcements.

[image: Inline image 1]