[cisco-voip] Softkeys missing on 796X on secondary line pickup

Johnson, Ken kenjohnson at letu.edu
Thu Aug 25 10:20:59 EDT 2016

We recently began tracking a reported issue where folks with multiple lines on their phones were finding they were missing all softkeys on their phone under the following scenario:

·         Incoming call comes in on other than the primary line

·         User picks up handset (or activates speakerphone).

·         User gets dialtone from their primary line at this point

·         User presses line key for secondary line which is ringing

·         User is connected successfully to second line but has no softkeys

If the user in the situation above presses the ringing line key before picking up the handset or activating speakerphone, softkeys work fine.  So far we can only replicate this on 796X phones – our 88XX phones do not do this.

We are on CUCM 10.5.2 and the only recent changes were a July update to Device Pack 10.5(2.14076) and firmware 9.4(2)SR2

Has anyone else run into this – we’re trying to figure out if this is a bug (it seems like it) or the result of some incorrect line pick-up config or similar on our side. We’re also checking with TAC of course but just wondering if the hidden cause on this is simpler than we’re making it out to be…

Ken Johnson
Director for Network and Telecommunication Services
Information Technology
www.letu.edu/it<http://www.letu.edu/it> |  twitter.com/letuit<http://twitter.com/letuit>
  [cid:image001.gif at 01CF741A.2769F1A0]