[cisco-voip] Does Cisco Jabber (windrows) Conflict with MS Lync

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Feb 16 16:37:16 EST 2016

nope. no hole. this is great. you raise very valid points.

i won't be able to upgrade for a while. likely mid-2017 or 2018. we've got a full plate and i need to justify the time to upgrade.

i've decided to use a different services discovery domain for the reason that i do not control the domain, and someone could easily register it with WebEx, and I don't want that to screw things up.

considering, it's only really used at client configuration, i'm not too concerned. there are smart URLs that we can use, so that will help as well.

i will be using the same domain for IM and SIP/Directory URIs though. that's my plan.

my main concern going forward is that in our AD, we have some people who have modified their MailID to be an email address with a departmental domain attached. i will have to see how that works (or doesn't work).

thanks again!

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure