[cisco-voip] Move to new AD environment for CUCM and Unity Connection 9.1

george.hendrix at caci.com george.hendrix at caci.com
Mon Jun 20 14:00:32 EDT 2016

Hey guys,

  We currently have CUCM and Unity Connection 9.1 LDAP integrated to MS Domain 1 in forest 1.  All users have user accounts pre-built in new MS Domain 2 in forest 2.  The users were all imported from the first domain/forest.  There is a trust between the forests.  Since the end state will be in forest 2, I was thinking we could just take this approach.

Disable LDAP integration.
Delete old LDAP directory integrations
Create LDAP integration with new AD domain.
Create new Exchange entry for new domain/forest for when users migrate mailboxes.

  Would this work?  I noticed when I attempted to delete some NOW unused LDAP directories in CUCM that it warns that any user imported in that directory will be deleted.  Does this mean when the user was first imported or if that was the last directory used for the user?  What if I point to the root, which contains all the OU directories?

Regards,

Bill