[cisco-voip] call queue light (BLF) for UCCX calls in queue

James Conyers James.Conyers at du.edu
Wed Aug 30 15:07:22 EDT 2017

Does anyone have any experience with scripting a "calls in queue" light (possibly a BLF indicator) for Contact Center Express? Our old legacy system can easily light a lamp on a phone when a call is in queue and also have the light flutter when multiple calls are in queue. I have yet to be able to script this in CCX script editor. We have used Informacast paging to send a paging message to certain phones but it is a third system to integrate into a call center. Ideally I would like to only integrate CUCM and CCX. I assume an "outdialContact" would work on CCX but was wondering if there was a way to do it using "Get Reporting Statistic" parameter that might be easier.
I came across this post on Cisco support, but it doesn't fully explain it, so I am stuck on exactly how to do this. Below is a sample of my script that uses Informacast. Is there a better way to accomplish this without using the Informacast system, and also a way to make the lamp flutter like it used to in the old system?
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D32190.E9F76C30]
Thoughts?
Thanks,
James