[cisco-voip] Caller ID Manipulation

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Tue Jan 17 09:41:39 EST 2017

So, I've discovered we have a very lax SIP provider who passes through all our ID signaling from our CUCM to the WAN without any modification - which while great for our external CID# mask, means that our internal caller ID names (Such as "HR Conference Room" and "John Smith") are being published out as our Caller ID names to any residential or other commercial callers (or anyone who has a cell phone with a caller ID app? Haven't tested that as I don't have access to one). I can change this myself, but it would require me to get rid of all our labeling and have everyone have generic internal CID, which is not preferable.

I've about to be on the verge of telling our SIP provider to change this to force to our company name across the board, but I was wondering if there was any way I could elect to enforce this on our CID myself, either on UCM or on our CUBE routers for all outbound calls. Globally would be fine, but optionally would be great if I could opt-out certain people that do our marketing and sales.

Ben Amick
Telecom Analyst

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you