[cisco-voip] SX20 and Expressway C/E setup

Matt Jacobson m4ttjacobson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 11:46:20 EDT 2017

I would review your configs for the cucm - exp-c - exp-e trunks then your
DNS/b2b traversal search rules. You can sanity check these by comparing
them to the config guides for VCS with CUCM then VCS control with
expressway and then the VCS IP port range port range documentation.

VCS and expressway are interchangeable terms/products in the documentation,
although it is confusing sometimes.

I'd suspect either your external video calls are not being routed out
correctly from CUCM registered endpoint or your signaling/media is being
blocked by firewall. Remember the media will route from sx20 through each
expressway cluster then out to external party.

On VCS, the call history and search history tools are helpful, as is
diagnostic logging to capture tcpdumps.