[cisco-voip] CCX and NTP

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Mon May 8 17:08:27 EDT 2017

And 5 for a falseticker fault protection:

*"Note that four upstream time servers will protect you against only one
falseticker. Using the 2n+1 algorithm, five upstreams will protect you
against two falsetickers, seven will protect you against three
falsetickers, etc....*
*Conventional wisdom is that using at least five upstream time servers
would probably be a good idea, and you may want more."*

Source: 5.3.4. Excessive Number of Upstream Time Servers
<http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/SelectingOffsiteNTPServers#Section_5.3.3>