[cisco-voip] Spartralink wireless phone one way audio.

Sreekanth sknth.n at gmail.com
Tue May 9 09:52:23 EDT 2017

Hamu,

1. Do users hear the gargling and experience one way audio for any kind of
call? (internally between veritical/spartralink phones and calls made to
PSTN destinations)

2. To isolate where the cause of the issue is, you could do packet captures
at the AP and recreate the issue.

3. Analyze the packet captures and check if the RTP stream statistics like
delay, jitter, skew are at acceptable levels. If the statistics of the RTP
stream going to the phone are good, but the phone is hearing gargling, that
means the AP should be working fine and you will need to investigate the
phone. If the statistics of the RTP stream going toward the phone are bad,
you will need to investigate the AP and the upstream network to see where
the RTP packets are not being switched properly.

4. You can also check to see if when in a call, the spartalink phones
provide statistics like Rx packets. If the Rx packets are increasing, that
means the packets are making it to the phone, and the user should be
hearing the other side.

5. Checking the frequency of the problem will also help understand where
the cause might lie.